Monday, May 9, 2011

Uganda!!!!!!

I have an amazing opportunity this summer to serve with Africa Inland Missions (AIM). AIM has been providing ministry opportunities in Africa for over 100 years. Their commitment is to being & making disciples of Jesus Christ. They accomplish this goal through partnering with local African ministries & acting as a sending unit. I will be working with a ministry called The Dwelling Places. I will be serving for 8 weeks in Ug...anda along with some training at AIM headquarters in NY & a debriefing period when I return to the states.

The Dwelling Places is a Christian organization that was started in 2002 by a lady who had a heart for the street kids of Kampala. They are dedicated to removing children from the street, rebuilding broken families, & restoring broken individuals with the love of Jesus Christ. This is the website if you would like to have a look http://www.dwellingplaces.org/.

I will be traveling June 4 - August 5. I am asking you to keep me in your thoughts & prayers. My faith family at Christ City Church is sending me out & we would like for you to join me on my journey of service & growth. I have a blog that I will be updating while I am gone so everyone can see what the Lord is doing in Kampala, www.auntangels.blogspot.com.

I am also asking for assistance with the financial requirements of this mission opportunity. The cost to AIM for international airfare, food, lodging, & travel in country is estimated at $4,500. I will also be required to continue meeting my financial obligations stateside while I am away. I am estimating that to be around $2,500. All said I am looking to raise $7,000. If you are interested in supporting me you can send a check made out to AIM to my address: 2719 Goldmor Circle, Birmingham, AL 35244. I tax deductible receipt will be sent back to you from the AIM office.

Thank you for your time, consideration, & prayer during this amazing time in my life. I look forward to serving the people of Uganda.

No comments:

Post a Comment